Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rendering S-57 ENCs

Is anyone aware of any third party software that can render S-57 Electronic Navigational Charts (ENC) so when displayed in GeoMedia it follows S-52 specifications?  When opening S-57 charts in Geomedia currently with FME, arbitrary colors are assigned, text is not displayed, and other stylization features do not show.  I have seen other stand-alone software that allows you to view these charts but I am truly interested in software that will render S-57 charts in Geomedia.  Something like an add-on or a software that works with Geomedia.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Rendering S-57 ENCs

Beyond the legend settings of GeoMedia style properties which include Attribute Base Symbology (ABS), I'm not aware of any GeoMedia application specifically designed to translate ECN S-57 data and apply ECN S-52 styles to existing S-57 based GeoMedia data.

ECN 57 and 52 compatible style rules would represent a significant amount of work and would most likely require a separate add-on product or at least a very rich and complex style library.  You might want to contact your Intergraph Sales representative and inquire about the possibility of an application that may be available in other divisions of Hexagon such as Hexagon Federal that might directly support ECN format data.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.