Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Saving .cfs file gives different file each time.

Hi all,

Does anyone knows, what is the structure of .csf file. I'm asking, because each time I save the same csf, the checksum of the outputted file is different. Below are 3 simple steps:

1. Open a .csf file in the Define Coordinate System File Utility (DCSFU).
  2. Save opened CRS into two different files.
  3. Run some checksum on them - we see a different sum - so the files must differ somehow.

RGDS Zielak

Technical Evangelist

Re: Saving .cfs file gives different file each time.

Hi Zielak,

I think the csf file basically holds one row from the GCoordSystem table. The table has about 113 fields, and depending on the projection type, not all of them are used. Usually many fields from that table are just ignored. So it is possible that when saved, those unused fields can contain random values.

But it is just a guess ...

Pavel

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

CSF files are binary files in OLE structured storage format, there is no format documentation.  We have reproduced the situation you describe, and have no immedate explanation for it.  I am curious as to whether it is creating problems for you, or is just a point of curiosity because you noticed it.  - Hal

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

At this moment I it does not mess up anything (i think Smiley Happy.

This post was born from pure curiosity.

RGDS

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.