Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Searching in text feature

Dear all,

In GeoMedia, I am wondering when writing in a text feature using 'insert text' or 'insert label', 

How can I search what I have written as I can't find a field saving what I wrote in the table of the feature.

Kind regards,

Khaled

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Searching in text feature

You can use the expression GRAPHICSTEXTSTRING(Input.Geometry) via a Functional Attribute query (or Update Attributes) to populate an attribute with the text string from the text geometry. The Input.Geometry would need to correspond to the geometry column name for your feature class which may be Input.Offset if the text/label was created by the Insert Text or Vector > Insert Label command.

Here is the link to the online documentation for the GRAPHICSTEXTSTRING expression:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/wruVTMtbtUNtDyl15Hx1Kg/plExQuUH7TPe5N1mes5nCQ

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.