Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff
Accepted Solution

Select Feature not touching any other Feature in the same object class

I have a network of lines and I need to be able to select (in a query e.g.) all lines do not touch any of their neighbors - aka that are not linked to the rest of the network.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Staff

Re: Select Feature not touching any other Feature in the same object class

You can do an Aggregation  where line_feature is both summary and detail feature

Use a Spatial Aggregation where summarry features 'touch'

As Output do a count of features ie Count(*)

You can now do an Attribute Query, All features with a count = 1 do not touch others.

Staff

Alternately, in a single query you could do a Spatial Query where you Select line-feature that 'meet' and tick the 'Not' button

with features in as line_feature.

Staff

Hi Roland,

The second solution you provide (Spatial Query with the line-feature and "not meet") is the first I tried, but it seems to compare each feature with all the features, including itself... so I get a "meet"-match for all the features, because of course, a feature meets itself.

I wil try the aggregation technique, thanks for the input!

Staff

[ Edited ]

Both methods work for me. Here's my example of using Spatial Query using 'meet' with 'Not' checked. Worked fine.

Maybe you used 'touch' and 'Not' ? That would exhibit what you explained.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.