Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Style Expression in GeoMedia

Hello all,

I have imported styles xml files as "GeoMedia SmartClient Style Definition" in my gws style, they are a number of line styles, 

I have linear features which have a column called "fcode"

I want to assign a style for each line in the follwing way:

If the style name = the value of the "fcode" column, then give this line that style

so I am searching if there is an expression to do so.

thanks for your support

regards

Khaled

Regular Contributor

Re: Style Expression in GeoMedia

Hi khaled

I would say, it's not possible in general (without coding).

If only a small specific part of the style varies it could be possible to define a mapping between the fcode value and the style definition in a style expression(s).

(But in this specific case, you don't need your imported styles - or only one as base style ...).

Maybe someone has more ideas.

Regards,

hesrah

Frequent Contributor

Thanks hesrah, Smiley Happy

Do you know which library I should use to refer to the path of these xml? if you have a code example I would be grateful.

kind regards,

Khaled

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Khaled

I guess, the xml import function is only implemented in the GUI. You can't find it as a mehode in an API library.

You can import the styles manually and after the import you can merge the styles from the library by the fcode attribute.

This was my idea.

Or you reprogramm the xml import ...

I don't have a code example at hand, sorry.

Regards,

hesrah

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.