Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Subtypes in GeoMedia

Dear all,

I am wondering how to make subclasses in GeoMedia as those in Arcgis,

What I need in my case is that I have a feature of type text called "anno" having 3 subtypes called "ELE", "WAT" and "GAS"

And I want when inserting new feature to be able to set it to one of the subtypes of this feature class.

And also view these subtypes in the legend separately.

It will be something like this:

anno.JPG

Best Regards

Staff

Re: Subtypes in GeoMedia

What you need to do is create  the 'anno' feature with a 'subtype' attribute. Where you enter 'ELE' or GAS' etc as the subtype.

Once populated you could use Legends > Add Thematic Legend Entry to display subtypes wuth different symbology.

Also , and probably a better method is to Use ABS (Attribute Based Symbology) and assign symbology based on an expression in

the Displayable Property  ie IF(Input.subtype='ELE',TRUE(),FALSE())  This is done Via Advance Tab in Style Properties dialog by creating 3 style for the anno feature

To automate the selection of the feature for digitizing, you would need to build a Picklist for the subtype attribute of the anno feature.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Subtypes in GeoMedia

Just a note you can create group / category legend entries for display.

Here a few examples

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.