Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Update attributes using Spatial Intersection

Hi there

My senario is that I have a points layer and a overlapping polygon layer. The points and polygons has no common attribute to be able to do a join. I can do a spatial intersection to get the polygon's attributes attached to the points feature as a query. What I want to do, is update an attribute on the point feature, using the an attribute from the polygon layer.

What I see is that this spatial intersection query is non-updatable, hence I cant use the Update Attributes command with "the_attribute_to_be_updated: (Input.Polygon_Attribute)"

Is there any way to do this, WITHOUT exporting the Spatial Intersection query to a feature class and doing the update there?

Thanks

Adriaan

Contributor

Re: Update attributes using Spatial Intersection

you must use first Spatial Aggregation

next you can do update attribute from Spatial Aggregation

ciao

Occasional Contributor

Re: Update attributes using Spatial Intersection

Thanks!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.