Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

postgis & schemas

GeoMedia Desktop 2018 Update 3 ( 15.5.0 build 4108  ): yet another bug !!

in the insert label function -> enable leader lines -> Features class: the schema is not honored !!!
and again
in Labeling -> Generate Static Labels -> Output Name: the schema is not honored !!!

I will have to wait for the version GeoMedia Desktop 2018 Update 4 ????? or Geomedia Desktop 2019 ??????

thanks

Giulio

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: postgis & schemas

If you think there is a bug, then please submit a support ticket rather than a forum posting, so that it can be reproduced, logged, and addressed.  - Hal

Contributor

we are doing it

Contributor

Problem 1

insert label function -> enable leader lines -> Features class

"The selected leader line feature class is not valid for use with this input feature class or query. The number of characters in the feature class name might have exceeded the limit. The chosen leader line feature class must be of linear geometry type, must have an autonumber primary key field, and must have foreign key fields which match the primary key fields of the input feature class or query."

When this error occurs the leaderline feature class name is cleared from the field and no labels are placed. I did note that the table name specified for the field was actually created in the tables list for the schema, but it is not recognized by GeoMedia. Regardless I have filed JIRA bug IG-15989 for this issue and linked your ticket with that bug.

Problem 2

in Labeling -> Generate Static Labels -> Output Name:

also if I had specified the schema name, the related tables are inserted in the default scheme.

JIRA Bug IG-15990

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Yes, we are in receipt of the bugs.  Thank you!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.