Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

unknown coordinate reference system within GeoMedia Professional 16.x

Hello All;

I'm seeking your urgent support for :-

How to Open\Load GIS Data (Point "Feature Class", Line "Feature Class") into GeoMedia Professional 16.x with unknown coordinate reference system ..?!

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz 

Regular Contributor

Re: unknown coordinate reference system within GeoMedia Professional 16.x

Hi Ahmed Abdelaziz

You can define a rectangular unit coordinate system:

• Projection: 'Rectangular Grid'
  • Geografic Range: 'user-defined' / 'unit sphere' / 'Unspecific'

Note: But you can't mix this data with other data have a coordinate system.

If you have to mix it with data have coordinate system, you need the correct/appropriate coordinate system. Or you have the possibility to match your data with a vector transformation on the data with the coordinate system. It's tricky anyway and a little bit dirty ... But if you don't have/find more information about the coordinate system, it's like you don't know exaclty what are your point coordinates.

Regards

hesrah

Contributor

Hello Hesrah;

the problem start with me from Creating "New Warehouse Connection" > "File Geodatabase" ..!!

I got message "Unable to connect to the database.  Please verify that your warehouse-connection parameters are correct and try again.".

<details> .. "Unable to create the coordinate system object."

please see the attached screen.

So, Appreciating if you could provide me with more details / steps; or workaround if any ..!!

Thanks in advance for your fruitful advice

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz 

Regular Contributor

Hi Ahmed Abdelaziz

Ah ok, my firts answer doesn't fit to this problem.

Did you create an ini file with the information for the CRS? For details see the manual. There is a own section for ini files. In this section there are informations about the requirements and some restriction for File Geodatabase too.

Best regards,

hesrah

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.