IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

3D-displaying at higher zoom levels using Terrain Editor

Hi all,

I am using Terrain Edit Tools of the Terrain Editor (Photogrammetry) to make my DTMs more accurate. Using anaglyph glasses, 3D-displaying works well up to zoom level 2:1. At higher levels, such as 2x, the two images don`t reveal an stereoscopic image anymore, as the images are too far part on the display.

Is there a way to support the limited capacity of my visual cortex (brain) to fuse the images into the perception of a three-dimensional scene by changing the settings of the Terrain Editor?

Regards,

Thomas

Technical Evangelist

Re: 3D-displaying at higher zoom levels using Terrain Editor

[ Edited ]

Hi Thomas,

If you check out the Help page for "Terrain Editor Workflows" and look for the "Using Moving Image/Fixed Cursor" section you should find the instructions for adjusting x parallax (which I think is what you are asking for).

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/fH0o7KrMKUViXGUeoilQuA/MItbYsK2xgldteN7I0DX5Q

parallax.PNG

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
New Contributor

Re: 3D-displaying at higher zoom levels using Terrain Editor

Hi Ian,

thank you very much for your reply.

I was aware of that Help Page and tried the workflow. Turned out that I didn`t scroll enough - only in the order of 1-2 meters (elevation), but around 10m are necessary to adjust the parallax in my case. Works perfect now.

Thank you again,

Thomas