IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

AOI projection and layer projection do not match

[ Edited ]

I am trying to perform a supervised classification through the signature editor, but when I try to import the polygons which represent the classes I get this message: AOI projection and layer projection do not match! Results will be incorrect. I am drawing the polygons on the layer I want to classify using the polygon tools from the Drawing tab.

Technical Evangelist

Re: AOI projection and layer projection do not match

Hi Max,

1. When you “try to import the polygons” do you mean that you’re drawing the polygons over your raster image in an IMAGINE 2D View, then selecting the Create New Signature from AOI button in the Signature Editor?
  2. Or does your raster image have AOI polygons overlaying it which were collected from another raster image projected to a different coordinate system and then you’re selecting these polygons to try and create new signatures from them?
  3. Are you still using ERDAS IMAGINE 2015?

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent
Post-Sales Engineer Remote Sensing

Geospatial Division

Hexagon

New Contributor

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I'm drawing the polygons over your raster image in an IMAGINE 2D View, then selecting the Create New Signature from AOI button in the Signature Editor in ERDAS imagine 2015.

In order to resolve this problem I've started all over again, I've set the needed projection once again and now I don't get that warning message. But I don't know what the problem was or wether I'll have the same problem n different projects.

Have a nice day.

Technical Evangelist

I’m happy to hear that this problem has been resolved. The issue was most likely caused by a projection mismatch that was corrected when you started over and reset the projection.

Kind regards,

Stephen