IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

AutoSync and WMS

Hi. Just to make sure that I'm not missing a trick here, but I believe it's not possible to use a WMS as the reference image in AutoSync. Am I correct? Cheers, Johnnie

Frequent Contributor

Re: AutoSync and WMS

I would be suprised if it is so as WMS is fairly slow connection and I bet Autosync requires data way more and faster. Of course you can copy/download WMS data locally and then use that file. I guess that is only way to use WMS based data in Autosync. ECWP micgh work fast enough but I have some doubts that Autosync is not very compatibe with web streams.

I have accidently sometimes asked whole world or country to be downloaded from WMS and I guarantee that it was slow Smiley Tongue

timo

Regular Contributor

Thanks Timo. I think the biggest problem is that AutoSync needs pyramid layers in order to do the matching and that wouldn't be possible with a WMS. Ah well. Cheers, Johnnie

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Agreed - and remind that this was just personal long term experience not a company insight from coders who really know. But based on experience I am 99% sure that it is as we concluded the case here. Pyramids will not work in streams and that prevents streams in AutoSync