IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Best Method for mapping linaments, fractures and faults in ERDAS

Hi, 

Is there any process, algroithm or a model to map linaments, fracture and faults in ERDAS from specifically Landsat-8 imagery and all satellite imageries in general ?

I use to try various convoution filters and classiyfy the output thematic maps and refine the data to extract some lianaments. Was this procedure correct ?

Is there any new methodology in the new erdas versions helpful for  mapping the lineaments  automatically or semi-automatically ?

Is there any module procedure to digitize the lianaments automatically from the convolution filtered thematic maps ?

Thanks and Best Regards,

RSGIS

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Best Method for mapping linaments, fractures and faults in ERDAS

Hi,

I think it doesn't cover everything you need, but check out the 'Geophysical Functions' under Raster - Classification - Unsupervised.

Kind Regards

Eva

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Thanks EvaW for answering. 

I performed some processing some results are good. I am performing of Landsat-8 and Sentinel-2.

Which bands of Landsat-8 and Sentinel-2 are best for fracture mapping :

Thanks

RSGIS

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

A useful Landsat-8 band combination for identifying fractures and faults is 7,6,2 (i.e. SWIR-2, SWIR-1, Blue).

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent