IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

CCD and Displacement Mapping with Sentinel InSAR Data and procedure

[ Edited ]

CCD and Displacement Mapping with Sentinel InSAR Data and procedure

Dear Sir,

I am using ERDAS 2016 with IMAGINE SAR INTERFEROMETRY module to produce from Sentinel 1A InSAR data

1. 3-Color CCD map
  2. Interferogram  of volcano erupt
  3. Displacement Map with ERDAS Interferometer tools and Sentinel-1A LAC data.

But when in define input file both CCD and Displacement Wizard dialog of ERDAS it gives me the error "Can't allocate Space".

The Sentinel 1A inSAR input images has two bands (Magnitude and Phase) and are well readable in Sentinel Toolbox software.  

However in ERDAS it gives the above message and also SAR node not present. Message

My questions are:

1. Why I am receiving the error message "Can't allocate Space"
  2. Which is the best data and format that shall be defined in sentinel SAR search form ? I Mean which parameter shall be selected from the below options, so that the downloaded data read well in ERDAS for producing CCD maps and Displacement Map:
    1. Satellite Platform : S1A or S1B ?
    2. Product Type : SLC, GRD or OCN ?
    3. Polarization: HH, VV, HV, VH, HH+HV, or W+VH
    4. Sensor Mode: SM, IW, EW, WV
    5. Relative Orbit Number ? I guess it is automatic when we select AOI ?
    6. Collection: there is only one option “S1B_24AUG2016”

kindly note that my purpose of is to produce  above 3 maps. Based on this goal kingly provide me the best parameters.

Best Regards

RSGIS

Contributor

Re: CCD and Displacement Mapping with Sentinel InSAR Data and procedure

Can anybody reply to me please, it is very urgent and I am desperate.

Staff

If you are using Sentinel-1 data you should use the Mosaic Series CCD tool. I am providing a couple of links to the Hexagon Geospatial documentation portal for helpful information about this tool. I would encourage you to review the documentation about the Mosaic Series CCD tool and how it ingests Sentinel-1 data.

Mosaic Series CCD

Sentinel-1 Project

ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 v16.1 does not currently support Sentinel-1 data in the Differential InSAR tool.

We suspect that you are receiving the “Can’t allocate Space” error due selecting an incorrect input data file. The software is expecting an XML metadata file for Sentinel-1 data.

I will send you a message to provide you with additional documentation about Sentinel-1 interferometry.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Contributor

Dear sbent, 

Thanks for your reply. But I am about to place an order for ERDAS 2016 with InSAR and some other Add-on modules.

Our goal is to process Sentenel Data for producing CCD and Distortion maps. Does it supports TerraSAR Data ?

However, my confusion still remains about which "parameters" to be defined ?

While downloading Sentienl -1 SLC (paired) data to make sure that, it works fine with Mosaic Series CCD and Sentinel-1 Project.

It takes about 5 hour to downlaod a single data set and I need to download huge data sets.

Thanks for your support

RSGIS

Contributor

Also, in ERDAS 2014 there is no option of "Stack Coregister" it is "Coregister Image pair" does it performs the same tasks ?

Staff

Both S1A and S1B can be used with the Mosaic Series CCD tool. You should choose the SLC product. The polarization needs to be the same for both images in the interferometric pair and you should select the IW (Interferometric Wide swath) acquisition mode.

TerraSAR-X data is supported in the CCD and Differential InSAR tools.

The Coregister Radar Images (Coregister Image Pair) tool is used to precisely coregister two radar images by resampling the Match File to the Reference File. The Stack Coregister tool automatically coregisters each radar image to the first (oldest) image in the stack. This tool was not available in ERDAS IMAGINE 2014.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support