IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Change Detection

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I’m currently working on change detection using SAR dataset in ERDAS. I’m using radar tool; Blue is New Layer to generate the output of the change detection. 

My question is how to input multiple data or to run a batch processing? Or is it only applicable to input just one dataset/mosaic image? Is there any other methods of the change detection that allow us to run a batch processing?

Thanks in advance. 

Regards, 

MimiNoordin

Super Contributor

Re: Change Detection

Hiya. The Blue is New function uses a Spatial Model that can be found, along with a bunch of other models that come with IMAIGNE, here:

C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS IMAGINE 2020\etc\models

Just load that up in the Spatial Model Editor and you will be able to use batch from there.

I've just had a look at the model and it could probably do with a tidy up of the input ports - rearranging and dropping some where you may not want to change the variable.

Cheers,

Johnnie

Technical Evangelist

Hello Mimi,

You may also be interested in the Coherence Change Detection (CCD) tools included in ERDAS IMAGINE, particularly the E-Z Coherence Change and the Time Series CCD tools.

E-Z Coherence Change

Time Series CCD

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Occasional Contributor

Hi Johnnie,

Thanks for your reply. I’m also take a look on spatial modeler to run the process Blue is New Layer but my priority of work needs me to use the Erdas Imagine tools first. 

I’m really appreciated with your answer. Thank you so much. 

Regards,

Mimi. 

Occasional Contributor

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your solutions. Currently I’m also study on the process of change detection using E-Z Coherence Change but the problem is I couldn’t find how to run the process by batch. 

I’ll go through on the notes you attached. Thanks a lot. 

Regards,

Mimi. 

Technical Evangelist

Hi Mimi,

"I’m also take a look on spatial modeler to run the process Blue is New Layer but my priority of work needs me to use the Erdas Imagine tools first. "

The Spatial Modeler is an ERDAS IMAGINE tool. The Spatial Model Editor is provided as a standard component of IMAGINE Professional. And when you display SAR data using the Blue is New option it is running Spatial Modeler (specifically wth the Model Johnnie references). So currently the best way to Batch the Blue is New function is via the Spatial Model Editor. If you do go down that route please do not directly edit the model in the etc directory. Make a copy first.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a problem on conducting Blue is New method on change detection using Desktop. My questions are:

1. Why the result of using Blue is New with Erdas Imagine 2016 and 2020 have a big different?

Slide1.JPG  Slide2.JPG

2. Why I cannot use the spatial modeler of Blue is New that have in Erdas Imagine Desktop?

Spatial modeler.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Munmazlan