IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

DInSAR products of Sentinel-1A/B data sets (SM/IW)

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

My usual work with Interferometric products and workflow is focused on SNAP (ESA's Toolbox). SNAP is one of my daily software I use since over a year...right now I'm trying to shift my knowledge into ERDAS imagine and it's kind of a struggle...

Is there any tutorial of "how to process Sentinel-1A/B data for InSAR/DInSAR products" ?

Even by loading the .SAFE files I got a bit frustrated, regarding there is no way to load the SAFE-Files for the Stripmap/IW Sentinel-1 data. Why is there an option to load the .xml data (metadata), and when trying to load the .xml, there is a readout issue. There is a SAFE File loader for Sentinel-2, but not for Sentinel-1?

There is a option to load the tiffs out of the measurment folder (Tiff/Tiff-direct read), but I guess I cannot access the Amplitude & Phase this way.

Can anyone provide any help? I checked the forum, if there is even a possibility to work with ERDAS Interferometry Toolbox combining the Sentinel-1A data, but the answers are kind of shallow. Please don't get me wrong!

Much appreciation

Phil

Technical Evangelist

Re: DInSAR products of Sentinel-1A/B data sets (SM/IW)

[ Edited ]

Hello Phil,

ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 v16.1 does not currently support Sentinel-1 data in the Differential InSAR tool.

It is not necessary to import the Sentinel-1 data to IMAGINE’s native IMG file format in order to use it in the interferometry tools. You should select the XML files found in the data’s “annotation” folder to load a swath of data from the Sentinel-1 scene.

The Hexagon Geospatial documentation portal has lots of information about interferometry that you should find very helpful. I would encourage you to read the Radar Interferometry User Guide which contains interferometry concepts and workflows for InSAR, CCD, Time Series CCD and Displacement Mapping (D-InSAR).

If you could provide me with your email address I will send additional documentation about Sentinel-1 data and ERDAS IMAGINE.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Contributor

Hi sbent

thank you for your information!

That would be need, pplease send it to philippe.ott@hexagonsi.com

hopefully a fully supported Sentinel-1A will be released soon.

Have a nice day and thank you!

Phil

Super Contributor

Hiya. Any plans to support S1 data in the DInSAR tool? Cheers, Johnnie

Technical Evangelist

Yes.

What application are you looking to put it to?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Super Contributor

Immediately; just a query vs SNAP for a training course I'm afraid.

Technical Evangelist

Hi Johnnie,

That was a what, not a when :-) You should probably PM me on that one.

In terms of the when - Having to handle all bursts in the swath is a tricky nut to crack, so it's taking a little time. But it's being actively worked on.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Super Contributor

Thanks! What I meant was, in the short term nothing too special, but it could be interesting to some clients if it's doable in IMAGINE in a wizard based approach as it's not very stratightforward in SNAP. Ta, Johnnie

Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hello Stephen, could you please send me additional documentation about Sentinel-1 data and ERDAS IMAGINE to my email (fatchurtepung@gmail.com). I am trying to do DInSAR with Sentinel-1 data.

Thank you

Occasional Contributor

I would appreciate if you send me the Radar Interferometry User Guide too. My email address is Shady_abdelhady@outlook.com