IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Divide a *.LTF DTM file into many portions

Hi everyone,

I would like to know please how I can divide a *.LTF DTM file into many portions.

The DTM covers a large zone and we need to share its edition among many collaborators.

Thanks for your help.

New Contributor

Re: Divide a *.LTF DTM file into many portions

I've just discovered the "Terrain Prep Tool" in Erdas that can split .ltf files.

But I have another problem : how can I turn my split lines into .msh (Map Sheet File) ?

Thanks in advance.

Technical Evangelist

Hello Claris,

If your split lines are contained in a Shapefile you can use the Map Series Tool to convert the Shapefile into a Map Sheet file.

1. Display your Shapefile in a 2D View (File tab > Open > Vector Layer).
  2. Open the Map Series Tool (Toolbox tab > Maps menu > Map Series Tool).
  3. When prompted, click inside the 2D View where you Shapefile is displayed and the Map Series Tool will open.
  4. From the Edit menu choose Create Custom Maps > From Vector and select your Shapefile then click OK.
  5. Click OK in the Attributes to Columns dialog and you should notice that the Map Series CellArray get populated with the map sheet information.
  6. From the File menu choose Save and enter a filename for your Map Series file.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

New Contributor

Hello Stephen.

Thanks for your answer and for the way you detailed it.

I've followed the steps and got the expected results.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Claris.