IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

ERDAS IMAGINE 2020 Imprt Direct read Sentinel 2 L2A error "Image file missing"

Hi all,

I simply used the Import Data tool from Manage Data in ERDAS IMAGINE 2020 to import Sentinel 2 L2A .SAFE file, chose Format Sentinel 2 (Direct Read), chose the .SAFE file, the output, and it worked like a charm for several dates for the T29UPV area.

For these two and others, it worked well:

e.g. S2A_MSIL2A_20180702T113321_N0208_R080_T29UPV_20180702T141901.SAFE

S2B_MSIL2A_20180710T114349_N0208_R123_T29UPV_20180710T173033.SAFE

The problem is that when I tried to do the same with a different date, also L2A, same area etc the error "Image file missing" appears. I downloaded it again from the scihub and still the same issue. Any thoughts? 

The scene is S2A_MSIL2A_20180225T114351_N0206_R123_T29UPV_20180225T170025.SAFE

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: ERDAS IMAGINE 2020 Imprt Direct read Sentinel 2 L2A error "Image file missing"

Hi @AGsilver 

Is the path to the new data longer than the previous paths? If it is then try moving to a shorter path or creating a symbolic link with a shorter path.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: ERDAS IMAGINE 2020 Imprt Direct read Sentinel 2 L2A error "Image file missing"

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply, I confirm that the path is exactly the same for either the scenes that worked or for the only one that did not. 

At this point I am wondering if there is something wrong with the scene itself?

If you can think of any other solutions, that would be great!

Thanks

Cheers

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Path length was my best guess.

If thats not it then it may well be a data problem. You could try dipping into the Granule sub-directories and opening the .jp2 files directly to see if they are valid or not.

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: ERDAS IMAGINE 2020 Import Direct read Sentinel 2 L2A error "Image file missing"

Hi Ian,

Thanks for that, I checked all the images, all the spatial resolutions, all .jp2 files are good, checked their metadata all OK.

Thanks again

Cheers

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: ERDAS IMAGINE 2020 Import Direct read Sentinel 2 L2A error "Image file missing"

[ Edited ]

Hi @AGsilver 

It may be something wrong in the SAFE header files then. Or something that the software hasn't encountered before. At this point it may be worthwhile contacting your local Support group and providing them with the data to analyse. 

I know you've already used prior images successfully, but could you try downloading a newer, different image from scihub just to confirm that it's not some change in formatting by the data provider.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ian,

Thank you very much for this, I'll proceed as advised, greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gabi