IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

F3 Toggle for Stereo Analyst will not work

Hello!

I'm currently using Stereo Analyst with ArcMap 10.1, for creating a forest inventory. Yesterday when I started up my computer, the F3 toggle for the terrain following cursor seems to no longer be working. I'm still able to use the pan tool, and the cursor appears to still be following the terrain, but I can no longer use the cursor to edit polygons on the stereo screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: F3 Toggle for Stereo Analyst will not work

Hello,

Has it worked before on the same computer with the same version? Have you tested with the same dataset you used before?  I have tested with Extensions 2018 and I can follow the terrain. I have selected "Manually toggle 3D floating cursor", "Fixed Cursor Mode", and "Terrain Following Mode" icons, and then clicked in Stereo Window and pressed F3 to move about the imagery. And I can see the Z values are being updated as I move about the imagery. Please let me know your replication steps.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: F3 Toggle for Stereo Analyst will not work

Also, please check if system mouse is listed in the Devices list. You can see this type of behaviour if system mouse is removed from the devices list. After adding the system mouse, the problem should go away. Please go to Stereo Analyst drop down list select Devices and see if system mouse is there or not.

Best Regards,

Yasemin