IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VHR
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

FAILURE TO RECODE

Hi.  I have been trying to recode a raster file (Landsat Surface Reflectance CFMASK, 8 bit) to create a file to use to mask out clouds and shadows in the actual Landsat bands with no success.  I get the error message:

Data value out of the range of LUT (@B) (*in=000000ff tablesize = 0000004

I have tried to change the layer type from "continuous" to "thematic" before the recode and also calculate statistics before trying to run recode.  Thanks for your help!

VHR

Technical Evangelist

Re: FAILURE TO RECODE

The error message “Data value out of the range of LUT” is a typical error when trying to recode a continuous file. Please try changing the file from continuous to thematic in a way other than using the Image Metadata tool. You could pass the image through a very simple spatial model (Raster Input to Raster Output) with the output file type set to thematic. Or you could use the Subset tool making sure that the output data type is set to thematic. Use the new thematic raster image as the input file for the Recode tool.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

VHR
New Contributor

Re: FAILURE TO RECODE

Thank you.  I solved my problem using another approach.  I converted the image that I wanted to recode to 4 bits (from 8 bits) and then I was able to recode with no error messages.  Thanks for your help.

VHR