IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

IMAGINE Objective Error: FlexNet Licensing error:-18,147. System Error: 10061

Hello. 

I have an ERDAS IMAGINE licence from my university that I initially installed on my laptop and I am now trying to install on my desktop. I am trying to access IMAGINE Objective (which works on my laptop, albeit poorly) on the desktop when I get this error: 

Failed to acquire license for IMAGINE Objective.
Detailed error information follows.

License server system does not support this feature.
Feature: imfx
License path:
27001@see-lm-01.leeds.ac.uk;C:\Users\Public\Intergraph\Licenses\*.lic;
FlexNet Licensing error:-18,147. System Error: 10061 ""
For further information, refer to the FlexNet Licensing
documentation

I'm trying to use the same licence as on the laptop. Is it possible that one can only activate the Objective licence on one computer? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TP

Technical Evangelist

Re: IMAGINE Objective Error: FlexNet Licensing error:-18,147. System Error: 10061

Hi @TP ,

You may want to check with your University as to what products they licensed. IMAGINE Objective isn't normally included in Education Core or Student licenses. The University may have licensed it separately, but it may be limited to specific license servers.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Re: IMAGINE Objective Error: FlexNet Licensing error:-18,147. System Error: 10061

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I have a short term licence for Objective (only for six months)  that Hexagon provided me. I'm not sure how it works but I believe my University account has had the Objective licence activated on it. When I connect to the University licence and VPN I then have an overall IMAGINE and Objective licence. This works fine on my laptop. Only the IMAGINE licence works in the desktop though, despite being the same account, licence provider and VPN. It just seems odd that half of the licence works. Do you have any thoughts?

Cheers again, the help is really appreciated.

Technical Evangelist

Hi @TP 

That is odd if you're pointing the desktop system to the same license server and aren't getting the same licenses. Unless of course someone else has consumed all the available licenses for IMAGINE Objective from that server. Which is possible, but I would expect a different message to be generated if that were the case. Might be worth checking though. If you pop up the Geospatial License Administration tool (assuming you've installed it), how many IMAGINE Objective licenses does it say are available vs in use?

The other thing is that you show two license sources being defined. One is presumably the university license sever. The other appears to be a local .lic file (also referred to as an offline or legacy license). .lic licenses are usually locked to the HostID of the computer they were issued for - is the one you have on the desktop system actually for that system? Again, the Geospatial License Administration tool has an option to show you the local system HostID and you can open the .lic in a text editor to see if they match.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Super Contributor

Hi @TP 

Can you contact us here at Geospatial Insight. We're your support team in the UK and we should be able to help out.

support@geospatial-insight.com.

Cheers,

Johnnie

Occasional Contributor

Hi @ian.anderson and @JohnnieJ 

Looking at Geospatial Licence Administration on the laptop it appears that the IMAGINE licence is from the university server whilst Objective is on the local server. It says the Current Version Total is 1 and when I open Objective on the laptop Current Version In Use is 1. 

After digging through some emails I found an ActivationIds.xml file. I copied this across to the dekstop and added the licence and then tried to activate it. This was then denied as "*CC_xxxx etc. does not have any copies remaining to activate". 

Do you know whether it is possible to return and then reactivate a license on a different device? I don't want to return the Objective licence on the laptop to then discover I can't reactivate on the desktop.

Cheers. 

Super Contributor

Hiya,

You can't copy an activation id from one machine to another like that. However, if you go to the license admin and then License Management > Deactivate / Return Licenses then that will deactivate it on your laptop and you'll then be able to apply that code on your desktop.

Like I say, email me at support@geospatial-insight.com if you need me to help out more.

Cheers, Johnnie

Occasional Contributor

Hi Johnnie, 

That has worked a treat, many thanks. 

TP