IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Image Chain

Just got finished watching a video on using the the Image chain option when displaying a dem.  I am using version 2014 and I cannot for the life of me, fine the image chain option.  Any ideas?

Cheers

Frequent Contributor

Re: Image Chain

I am not sure was that feature in 2014 release yet, but I agree it is fairly well hidden feature. File-Open-Raster as Image Chain gives you the Image Chain tools in Multispectral/Panchromatic Tab. So Image Chain is in nutshell just a new way to open data and unless you do not open data in right way you never get the tools.

I agree - it took a while to find logics but when you found it it starts to make sense

timo

Technical Evangelist

...and when you have found it the first time (File / Open / Raster as Image Chain) right-click over the button and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar", so that you have easy access to the option in the future.

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Technical Evangelist

Hi William,

The Raster as Image Chain option was not available in ERDAS IMAGINE 2014. It was a new feature in ERDAS IMAGINE 2015 and there are more options for image chains available in ERDAS IMAGINE 2016.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support