IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Importing SOCET SET into Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS

[ Edited ]

Hello and thanks for reading,

I downloaded and installed the "ERDAS Extensions 2014 Example Data" from the portal in order to check the SOCET compatibility (there is one SOCET SET Project example). 

I can't manage to get it working.

Everything looks OK during the process:

Select the SOCET SET project

FromSOCET_freeze_0.PNG

Import and identify 4 images in it

FromSOCET_freeze_1.PNG

Paths and orienations look OK

FromSOCET_freeze_2.PNG

Final step

FromSOCET_freeze_3.PNG

ArcMap freezes after that. It's a 4 images project. I waited for a couple of hours but it neve fnishes. 

FromSOCET_freeze_4.PNG

Windows 10 Professional

ArcMap 10.4.1

Latest ERDAS Extensions for ArcGIS (SP1)

No antivirus

Started ArcMap with admin rights

Am I doing something wrong?, can you please give me some advice.

Of course if I load the LPS block file that comes in the Example Data, everything works well.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Santi

Technical Evangelist

Re: Importing SOCET SET into Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS

Hello Santi,

I just tested our example dataset and the same .prj file imported fine. Looking at your screen captures, you clicked create .blk file in Import Photogrammetry Project Wizard. Do you have IMAGINE Photogrammetry licenses? Please test without checking create .blk file option. 

Please make sure ERDAS raster support is checked for SOCET SET in Stereo Analyst Options under Stereo Display Advanced Tab. Also make sure SOCET SET is checked in photogrammetry project filters.

If you don't have IMAGINE Photogrammetry licenses, and if you have oriented images as in this case, then you can create a block file within SAfA using create block file tool.  Please go to Stereo Analyst Drop down menu, select “Create Block File” tool, add SOCET SET .sup files, define projection and create a block file. You may then import this block file to SAfA.

SocetSet.JPG 

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Jasemin,

Yes, the project imported fine but I can't use it.

I did the same:

1.PNG

Then imported the BLK in SAfA

2.PNG

Everything looks OK and the importing process works normal, but then I can't use it:

4.PNG

No image pair in the list and no images in the stereo window. It looks like I can't use it.

Am I missing something?.

Thanks again for your help. I hop we can solve this problem.

Best regards,

Santi

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jasmin,

After some more testing I noticed that if I just load the IMG files into the ArcMap TOC, everything works right away, no import process is needed. It looks like all the georeferencing information is inside the images header...

If I load the SUP files it doesn't work, I can see the images in the ArcMap map window but not in the SAfA window.

Thanks,

Santi

Technical Evangelist

Hello Santi,

What is your Min/Max imagepair threshold percent? Have you changed this setting? The default should be 50/100. I have just tested the workflow and I can see the stereopair displayed on Stereo Viewer. Please go to Stereo Analyst Options then select ArcMap Display Tab and check Min/Max imagepair threshold percent.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jasemin,

Thanks for the answer.

I didn't change the threshold percentage, it's set to 50/100 by default.

If I select the SUP files to generate the BLK, the BLK gets generated but when I attach it to ArcMap I only see the images in the map window, BUT not in the stereo window.

I also noticed that isolating the original IMG files from the Stereo Analyst ArcTutor data in a separate folder, I can cerate a BLK file from Stereo Analyst and works perfectly, I don't need any SUP file... this means that all the georeferencing infromation is in the image header.

What is the point?

Thanks a lot,

Santi

Technical Evangelist

Hello Santi,

Demo data are used to show different workflows. The .img files that come with Extenstions dataset are calibrated. However when importing SOCET SET project, the calibration info is not used. The camera Interior Orientation and Exterior Orientation information will be read from SOCET SET SUP files although the raster is IMG.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Yasemin, I understand.

Now we can come back to the previous question.

I can create a BLK adding the two SUP files of the example data, but I don't see stereo, only the two images loaded in the ArcMap map window.

I didn't change the threshold percentage, it's set to 50/100 by default. Any other idea?.

I can see the "oriented" icon in the sup files.

SUP_OK.PNG

But as I told you before, there is no model name in the Stereo Analyst "image pairs" and no stereo imagery at all.

You told me before that you tested the workflow and it worked for you, you can see stereo. Can you please tell me step by step what you did? because I don't know why it's not working for me. All settings are by default I didn't change anything.

I'm working with the 16.00.0000 Build 3046, do you use the same?.

Thanks for your help.

Santi

Technical Evangelist

Hello Santi,

You should be able to import example SOCET SET project to SAfA directly. Both SOCET SET project import and block file generation should work. My version and settings are below. Project import wizard will guide you, some screencaptures are below. If it doesn’t work for you, try deleting the Extensions dataset and then re-install it in case some files got corrupted. If it doesn’t work again please consult your sales/support team. They will be able to assist you.

1.JPG

options.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

This has been resolved after changing the regional settings to US. The problem of importing the SOCET SET project is caused by the default number format setting in Spanish (Spain).