IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Licensing Error: "System clock has been set back."

I've been using ERDAS Imagine for about a month now and when I tried launching it today, I got a licensing error claiming the 'clock had been set back.' I figured that perhaps a recent power outage caused my bios clock to reset, but the BIOS time was actually a day ahead of the current time. So I tried bumping the Windows time up a day to sync them up, but no dice. I cleared the licensing folder (C:\Users\Public\Intergraph\Licenses) and both rehosted and regenerated licenses, both of which were unavailaing. I checked the registry for any timing keys and didn't find anything that needed killing. The licensing log (link) didn't provide any actionable info, neither the session log (below), and I missed customer support hours. There's goes a day.

IMAGINE Session Log-------------------
User: nk Date: Mon Aug 01 21:38:23 2016 Host: NK-WIN7P OS Version: Windows NT 6.1 Build 7601 (Service Pack 1) GPU: NOT Available Locale: en-US IMAGINE Version: "ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 " Startup Directory: c:\users\nk Session ID: 2556
Starting session log...
01/08/16 21:38:25 SessionMgr(2556): Connection success for the external process 'eWkspace' 01/08/16 21:38:35 SessionMgr(2556): ERROR: #117 from ShellHolder::InitInstance 01/08/16 21:38:35 SessionMgr(2556): ERROR: erdas::EmlFramework::WkspaceWinApp::CheckSecurity failed 01/08/16 21:38:35 SessionMgr(2556): ERROR: #308 from erdas::EmlFramework::WkspaceWinApp::CheckSecurity 01/08/16 21:38:35 SessionMgr(2556): ERROR: Unable to get license! 01/08/16 21:38:35 SessionMgr(2556): external process exited normally.

Session Start: Mon Aug 01 21:38:23 2016 Session End:   Mon Aug 01 21:38:35 2016
Total elapsed time: 0 Hr 0 Min 12 Sec.
 -------- End of IMAGINE Session Log -------- 

Is it just that the licensing server is down tonight? Anyone know how to reset the license's f..antastic clock?

Regards

Technical Evangelist

Re: Licensing Error: "System clock has been set back."

[ Edited ]

Hello Noel,

Instead of matching the Windows time to the BIOS time, could you try the other way round i.e., match the BIOS time to the Windows time. 

This is a licensing feature that it detects any change in the system time other than the actual would cease the software to work.

thanks,

Pramod

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Pramod. That did it.

I'm wondering whether such a licensing feature would be more appropriate for a trial license.

Regards

Frequent Contributor

This "clock set back" error pops up on the 1st of each month and I noticed the date in my BIOS appears to skip the 1st (MSI 760GM-E51 bios V1.10). 

Knowing the fix, I set the the BIOS time to Windows time, but it didn't work this time. I added a minute since the error is about "clock was set *back*" and also tried reregistering the existing license. No dice. I called it quits and returned to it today and it worked without any finagling. 

So if you run into this and correcting the date didn't work right away, wait till the next day. 

Regards