IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Merge las files after Tridicon SGM - Erreur "dtmmergeprocess.exe exited with status -1073741571"

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a photogrammetric block with several Tri-Stereo Pleiades Images (satellite - Pleiades RPC sensor).
I calculated the DTM using Tridicon Semi Global Matching and now, I want to merge all the las files to get a "terrain" file on the photogrammetric block to perform the orthorectification and the mosaic.

So, I open all the las files on "Terrain prep tool", on "preprocess Settings", I check the two box (thin and filter) and I keep the default values. And after that, I run the Merge process with las file as output. After few minutes, here is the error I've got on the log files :

03/09/18 15:20:08 C:/Program Files/Hexagon/ERDAS IMAGINE 2018/bin/Win32Release/dtmmergeprocess.exe -single C:/Users/m1a/AppData/Local/Temp/tpdfp1535980808968012.dfp c:/users/m1a/documents/new_zealand_cartography_project/sgm/new_zealand_dtm_merged.las active -temp temp -meter DTM Merge
03/09/18 15:20:13 dtmmergeprocess(11300): Merge DTM Starts...
03/09/18 15:25:21 SessionMgr(6060): dtmmergeprocess.exe exited with status -1073741571.

Of course, no files are produced.

I tried to use other formats in output (tiff, ltfx) but same error.

Did someone had the same problem and so, can help me please ?
Thank's a lot.

Best,

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Merge las files after Tridicon SGM - Erreur "dtmmergeprocess.exe exited with status -107374

Update : If I don't check anything on "Preprocess Settings", the merge process is working. But I need to check the preprocess parameters to filters the las files.

Did someone get an idea ?

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Merge las files after Tridicon SGM - Erreur "dtmmergeprocess.exe exited with status -107374

You may be hitting the memory limit.  My suggestion is to pre process each las data separately and merge the pre-processed las files afterwards.

Highlighted
Contributor

I checked the memory (ram and HDD) and none of the limits are hit.
I try to do the merge process with a smaller dataset (like 4 las files) and I've got the same error message.

Highlighted
Contributor

anyone can help me ?

Highlighted
Staff

Did you try the preprocessing as a first step and merging the pre-processed las files?

Best regards, Sam

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm not sure to understand how to preprocess only the data ?

I tried the following :
Add only one las file on the terrain prep tool. Check the two boxes on the preprocess window and then, I click on merge (only one las added, so there is no really "merge"). Is that what you wanted me to do ?

By the way, I had the same error on the log file : -1073741571

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Instead of using the Merge DTM tool try the Surface DTM tool (Terrain Prep Tool > Process > Surface) with the Thin and Filter preprocess settings enabled. In the Surface DTM dialog click on the Classification tab and turn on the Classify DTM option then enter a name for your output point cloud file.

Or you could try merging the point clouds first without the preprocessing and then go back and run the merged file through the Surface DTM or Merge DTM tools with the preprocess settings enabled.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Highlighted
Contributor

I have the same error while trying these different propositions.
I also try to split one of my las file in several sub-las files and then, I try twhat you suggest on 1 or several of these sub-las files. I've get the same error.

For more precisions the last thing I can see on the Process list, is "Filtering block 1 of XXX blocks" and then it automatically go to 100% in red.

I also try to use others Pleiades Images from other regions and I've got the same problem.
It's quite frustrating :/ Because the las files don't look so bad and it will be really nice with the filtering !