IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Orthorectification of Pleiades satellite Image

Hi everyone!

My task is to orthorectify an unprojected Pleiades satellite Image with an oriented Ultracam Orthophoto and an orientated 10cm Digital Elevation Model with all buildings etc. of the area of interest.

Now my approach would be.

1. Pansharpen Pleiades Image
  2. Start a Photogrammetric Project.
  3. Use RPC File from Metadata for Inner and Exterior Orientation.
  4. Use high resolution Ultracam Orthofoto and DEM for Ground Control Point collecting.
  5. Use OrthoBase for Resampling with existing DEM.

Now it seems, that especially around high buildings, there are some double-edges after rectification, as seen in my picture. It seems as OrthoBase does not consider the given DEM.

So horizontal Rectification was succesful, but vertical rectification was a mess.

Has anyone solutions for my problem or tipps, how i should change my approach? I am very grateful for tipps.

Best regards,

maniiko

karntnerstraße_ortho.PNG

Technical Evangelist

Re: Orthorectification of Pleiades satellite Image

Hello Maniiko,

This is not a true ortho, occlusions are not considered. It is normal that double edges appear around the buildings. DEM is considered. The edge on the right (top of the building) seems to be orthorectified to its correct position but duplicate on the left is the occluded area, this is caused by assigning the values of the visible side to the occluded side. If you have other orthoimages produced with images from different view angles, you can use MosaicPro to fill in these blank areas (double edges).

Best Regards,

Yasemin

New Contributor

Hello YasemineS.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately i do not have other images from different views. I can just work with the pleiades image, an ultracam true orthofoto and a laserscanning elevation model. Later I want to work with the referenced data to perform an object based classification.

So would you say, in my case there is no better solution than the one with double edges possible? 

Best Regards, 

maniiko

Technical Evangelist

Hello,

Please submit a support ticket and provide some data to reproduce the issue so that we can comment if there is a better solution or not.

Best regards,

Yasemin

New Contributor

Hello Yasemin,

Unfortunately there are some problems with filing a support ticket and my account. I am not able to log in the support-portal with my account - username does not exist.

best regards

Technical Evangelist

Hello Manuel,

The individual who provided your ERDAS IMAGINE license to you should be able to file a support request on your behalf.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Post-Sales Engineer Remote Sensing

Geospatial Division

Hexagon