IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Pro600 compatibility with Bentley open cities map

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a long story as background to a short question.

Background

Bentley have informed us that they will no longer support Microstation V8i or Bentley Map from the end of this year with the only option being to upgrane to their connect editions. My office has historically used V8i and Bentley map for v8i for our mapping and charting (Including Photogrammetric capture using Pro600 and more recently Stereo analyst for ArcGIS). At the same time bentley is discontiuing Bentley map for microstation. As a result we have upgraded all of our Microstation V8i and Bentley Map for Microstation licenses up to Bentley Open Cities Map Connect Enterprise edition (New name for Bentley Map).

I have found Stereo Anylst for ArcGIS to be not as robust as Pro 600 when doing large photogrammetry projects and am considering going back to Pro600.

Question

Is the current version of Pro600 compatible with Bentley Open Cities Map Enterprise edition?

Sorry for the long post but thought that the background would help with any answers.

Paul

Staff

Re: Pro600 compatibility with Bentley open cities map

Hi Paul,

We are currently working on a version of PRO600 for MicroStation Connect Edition and will be available around the end of this year. We have not looked at Bentley Open Cities Map Connect Enterprise edition.

You said your office had Microstation V8i and Bentley Map for Microstation and have now upgraded all to  Bentley Open Cities Map Connect Enterprise edition.

Is there a specific reason for moving to Bentley Open Cities Map Connect Enterprise edition instead of  MicroStation Connect Edition? (You can send me a private message)

Best regards, Sam

Occasional Contributor

Re: Pro600 compatibility with Bentley open cities map

Hi Sam,

we require some of the Bentley map features to produce our charting products and since Bentley are discontinuing Bentley map for micro station we had to go to the full open cities stand alone version. It is basically micro station connect edition with all of the Bentley map features added.