IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Processing Trimble UX5 RGB Imagery in Photogrammetry suite

Hey All,

I am working as a research student at michigan tech. We are mapping coastal wetlands and Phragmites along Hiawatha National Forest, we have NIR (Trimble UX5 HP) and RGB (Trimble UX5) datasets, we processed NIR data in Agisoft PhotoScan and it worked very well, as it was collected using the HP device whereas the RGB imagery on UX5 only (which hasn't got as better GPS unit on it as HP). 

We are being unable to process the RGB data in Agisoft, as it is having huge gaps (leaving out the dense forested areas). 

Now from past few days I am trying to process that data in Photogrammetry suite of ERDAS, but as I load the project I am not even being able to see the images, now I don't know where I am making mistake (whether it's the settings that are not correct or the .csv/.dat file or something else. 

It loads the project but does not images or points or anything, when I click on the image metadata it gives error message (Error opening file: check the file format or availability). 

So i am not being able to run anything (I have attached screenshots below).

Staff

Re: Processing Trimble UX5 RGB Imagery in Photogrammetry suite

ERDAS IMAGINE supports JPG image formats. Drag and drop a signle image into the IMAGINE viewer to see if it can be displayed.

Regards, Sam

Technical Evangelist

From Parth:

"

Thank you for responding back on this. I tried opening the image (I had to click on JFIF format for it to appear). 

The only message popped up was to compute the pyramid layers, that's it, no other error, so that's fine I guess."

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Hi Parth, looking at Error1.jpg, the images are not online. So the first thing you have to do is to attach the images to the block file. You do this by clicking on any of the cell under the onlien column. In the dialog, browse to the folder that has the images and select all the JPG images. Those images that match the name under the "Image Name" column will be linked.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Sam, 

Okay, I will do that and will get back to you today itself. Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Sam,

The way you showed is working but I am not being able to slelect all the images, can you guide me with that? As there are 1400 images in the block. 

Staff

Click on the first image in the list, then holding the shift buton down, click on thehe last image. Doing this will select all images  in the folder.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am doing that only but the boxs are not turning green from red, or should I wait for a while as the size is big? 

Staff

It may take a while to update all the images. There will be a progres smeter at the bottom of ERDAS IMAGINE showing the progess.

Occasional Contributor

Okay, I am going to wait and see what happens in next few minutes (but to let you know there is no progress bar at the botom showing any progress.)