IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

Re: Gray scale images: how to change pixel colors and recode.

Actually i want to know whether i can open ArcGIS classified RASTER file  in Erdas imagine  for recoding... how can i do like that? plz give suggestion

Technical Evangelist

Yes, you should be able to open your ArcGIS classified raster image in ERDAS IMAGINE. Start ERDAS IMAGINE then open the Recode tool and select your image as the input file. To open the Recode tool select the Raster tab then click on the Thematic menu and choose Recode.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately the method didn't work for me. Could you please tell another way to solve the issue

Technical Evangelist

Hi CiaAthi,

Can you please clarify what didn't work. That should help in trying to suggest what approach would work for you. What steps did you perform with your raster file (and what format is it)? What was the error message or behavior at the point where the Recode operation failed? 

Can you attach your raster file?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
New Contributor

Hello sir,

Here I have attached the landuse image prepard in ArcMap. I try to open the image in ERDAS IMAGINE for recoding. But it didn't happened. I converted the file into tiff format. Then also it is not opening. How can I open the ArcGIS classified image in ERDAS IMAGINE? 

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi CiaAthi,

There does not appear to be an image in the Zip file you provided. There's just two files - an XML header and a .OVR which is probably a pyramid file for what was the original image.

If the pyramid is indicative of the parent classification image then the data appears to be incorrectly defined as athematic (continuous). In order to Recode the data you will need to redefine it as Thematic, which can be performed using the View/Edit Image Metadata tool. But its difficult to be sure without access to the data.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial