IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

SAR Filters - GLCM filter

Dear all,

I want to apply texture analysis to my SAR data using GLCM however i cant seem to find the right tool to apply the GLCM filters I need.

I tried the algorithm but all I can do is visualize the data and can't save it all.

Hope you could advise for the possible solution. 

Thanks and best regards,

Liz

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: SAR Filters - GLCM filter

Can you please explain the method you used to try the GLCM filter algorithm? How is the data visualized and is the visualization acceptable?

Is your goal to save the result of the filter to a new image?

Jeff

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Now I understand that you applied the GLCM filter by way of the Algorithm layer, which was stated in your post. The Algorithm functionality was integrated from ER Mapper into the IMAGINE interface with much transparency from its source. Algorithm processing is very familiar turf for ER Mapper users, not as familiar to traditional ERDAS IMAGINE users, myself being one of them.

You have identified a limitation of the algorithm functionality as it is implemented in IMAGINE. There is no workaround to achieve that end result of saving the algorithm in IMAGINE. You would need to use ER Mapper, which has Save As functionality.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir,

Yes, I also is not very familiar with the algorithm processing and is not really knowlegeable in ER Mapper. But I have tried the algorithm with ERDAS and was hoping to save the image although it was obvious to me that data can't be saved. 

I have come across the procedure of Texture analysis of ER Mapper I have yet to try this one. 

Thank you very much for your insighful response.

Liz