IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Stealth 3D Mouse - Model S2-S Hand Controller - Stereo Analyst button mapping configuration

Hi,

I acquired some Stealth 3D Mouse - Model S2-S hand controllers (supported hand controller in Stereo Analyst for ERDAS IMAGINE 2015) and I need to configure the button mapping for the Stereo Analyst module of Erdas IMAGINE 2015. The Stereo Analyst module doesn`t have a menu where this configuration can be made.

Below is the client`s license situation, so please note that the client did not buy some modules with the Viewplex component, like Terrain Editor (where we can configure the button mapping, but this device is not recognised in Terrain Editor and also, I don`t think that the configuration from Terrain Editor will work in Stereo Analyst).

Client`s License Configuration:

• ERDAS Engine Process
  • Image Equalizer
  • IMAGINE Advantage
  • IMAGINE Easytrace
  • IMAGINE Enterprise Loader
  • IMAGINE Essentials
  • IMAGINE Photogrammetry Core
  • IMAGINE Photogrammetry Stereo
  • IMAGINE Professional / ERDAS ER Mapper
  • IMAGINE Radar Interpreter
  • IMAGINE Stereo Analyst
  • IMAGINEVector

Can you tell me how to configure the button mapping for Stereo Analyst, please ?

Thank you, I`m looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Vlad

Technical Evangelist

Re: Stealth 3D Mouse - Model S2-S Hand Controller - Stereo Analyst button mapping configuration

Hello Vlad,

Please select ABC 3D Puck under Stereo Analyst Options->Features as it is a former version of Stealth. There is no GUI in SAfI to set button mappings. There is an ASCII file named abcpuckcommands.txt  which is placed in the <IMAGINE_HOME>/etc directory. This file contains the button to command mappings. For detailed information please launch IMAGINE Online Help and search for ABC 3D Puck.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Occasional Contributor

Re: Stealth 3D Mouse - Model S2-S Hand Controller - Stereo Analyst button mapping configuration

Hello Yasemin,
Thank you for the quick answer, it solved my problem.
I followed your indications, I selected ABC 3D Puck in Stereo Analyst Options and I found the abcpuckcomands.txt placed in ”C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS IMAGINE 2015\etc” location.
The file is very nice structured, I identified very fast where the assignments section is, I replaced some of them and after restarting the application, the device was functioning according to my edits.
It was easier to delete the original file (after I did a backup) and afterwards copy the edited one, instead of overwritting, because of the lack of access.
Thank you,
Vlad