IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Stealth 3D Mouse - Model S2-S Hand Controller - Terrain Editor (Viewplex component)

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

After working in Stereo Analyst module of Erdas IMAGINE 2016, I tested the Stealth 3D Mouse S2-S Hand Controller (Stealth.png) in Terrain Editor (Viewplex component) module of Erdas IMAGINE also, but it is not recognized.

Is there any chance that I can make the device to be recognized in Terrain Editor, configure it and use it in the terrain editing workflows ?

I also tested the Leica TopoMouse (leica-topo-mouse.jpg) in Terrain Editor on the same workstation and after installing the USBExpress driver for USB TopoMouse 4.0.2 it worked just fine. I also tried changing the settings in Device Manager (Ports and Universal Serial Bus Controllers sections) for Stealth 3D Mouse, but no success, it only works in Stereo Analyst.

How can I recognize it with Terrain Editor (the question is also available for Terrain Editor for ArcGIS extension) ?

Thank you, I`m looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Marian

Frequent Contributor

Re: Stealth 3D Mouse - Model S2-S Hand Controller - Terrain Editor (Viewplex component)

I believe you must manually or semi manually add hardware device in Imagine. So to work correctly device must be known by software and in this case it is not enough that windows knows the device - it must be known in Imagine/Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS too. Check the hardware dialog in both stereo tools settings.I have never done this with Stealth but recovered my lost normal mouse several times. So typical issue I have is that device called "System Mouse" is missing and I have to recover that before I can do anything in stereo display. I guess it is same with these special mouses too.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Stealth 3D Mouse - Model S2-S Hand Controller - Terrain Editor (Viewplex component)

[ Edited ]

Hi, tikola.

Thanks for the quick answer. How can I manually or semi manually add hardware device in Imagine ? 

I found the Stereo Analyst Feature Collection Options FIle -> Preferences -> Other -> Stereo Analyst Feature Collection Options where I can define the Digitizing Device, Device Port and Device Speed. I doesn`t look like it will solve the problem, especially that it refers to Stereo Analyst, and not Terrain Editor, where I need the device to be recognized and used. 

I have to mention that in Terrain Editor for Imagine, Devices dialog (Edit -> Devices), I can only add Stealth Z-Mouse, and not Stealth S2-S. Is this the right option for my S2-S model ?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Edit-Devices that's just what I thought. I have feeling that Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS has similar setting but I can not check it now as I have no ArcGIS running here. I bet you can try any Stealth Mouse and settings are more or less correct. I have no experience on model differences between them but I guess major things are equal. The main point of whole Edit-Devices dialog is that in it you can modify all buttons and functions as you like. So I guess there are just some default settings for each device and different models can be easily handled by editing functions linked to buttons.
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am pretty familiar with this device settings dialog, but the Stealth can`t be mapped, if the signal is not received by the software. Thank you for your help, I will repost here if I proceed any further. Have a nice day.

Frequent Contributor

Then it could be driver or more generic windows operating system mouse issue. Good luck on that.
Staff

Unfortunatley, the S2-S model is not supported in all Viewplex based IMAGINE applications (Stereo Measurement Tool, Terrain Editor, ORIMA, PRO600).