IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Stereo display hardware in 2017?

Planar is gone - is it?. There is some German variant for this (may even be the same device) http://www.schneider-digital.com/2D/3D-Monitore/3D-Stereo-Monitore/3D-PluraView:::87_165_197.html

SHarper 3d has some own variant: http://www.sharper3d.com/true3di/

NVIDIA has its own 3d active solution and then there are some single display line interleving solutions but is this all?

Imagine System requirements doc is for version 2015 and there is no most recent updated information - is there any recent innovations and vendors in high end 3d stereoscopy in last couple of years? Or is the only driver in this market the need for showing movies in 3d at our livingrooms?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Stereo display hardware in 2017?

Hello,

Stereo display in IMAGINE Photogrammetry is now primarily using 3D vision technology and flat panel monitors that support 120 Hz refresh rate.

We have not tested the PluraView monitors so they are not listed in our system requirements as officially supported stereo monitors. However some customers in Germany tested the 27“ PluraView with the Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS and used it together with stereo applications of IMAGINE Photogrammetry. And they reported that it works perfectly. Please note that Schneider-Digital offers a 27“ Full HD and a 28“ 4K stereo-monitor. The 4K-monitor might not work yet with Nvidia graphic boards but only AMD/ATI FirePro. You may need to check with the manufacturer on this.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I use also NVIDIA which is great in demo/test/temporary usage but if you go real 8 hours constant working its minor flicker gets your eyes tired....or this is what I believe based on talks.

Thats why mirror lense passive solutions are most likely better for real high end work. My aim was to collect new vendors in this field at the market in 2017 as I am bit outdated just now.

How about passive line interleaving solutions? I see that every here and then - any known vendors for that technique?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hello,

We have not tested passive line interleaving solutions, so we cannot say if it would work or not.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have 3 Planar workstations and 4 Benq XL2420TE NVIDIA 3D VISION Monitors.

Works well and I actually prefer using the Benq setup then the Planar setup.

Some users had initially experienced flickering but found that it was the ceiling flouro lights flicker frequency.

Once lights were turned off no more flickering, apparently LED lights are ok?

Regards

John

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Stereo display hardware June 2019

We now need to upgrade/replace graphics cards, monitors, glasses and maybe mouse on our two workstations and we're finding some major changes have occured in that market place. Just wondering what othe ragencies are using these days?

michael