IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Support for RDNAPtrans in Erdas Imagine.

Dear Community,

Is there support for RDNAPtrans in Erdas Imagine? RDNAPtrans (RDNAPTRANS™2018) is the transformation for height vaues. From RD/NAP to ETRS89 and visa/versa.

If I want to reproject an RD / NAP to ETRS89 or visa versa, does IMAGINE use the RDNAPTRANS transformation? See attached image.

Thanks,

Wim

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Support for RDNAPtrans in Erdas Imagine.

Dear Communtity,

I've added an englisch document about RDNAPTRANS2018. The question remain, if I recalcluate the height of WGS84 to RD (or vice versa), is this done by the RDNAPTRANS2018 transformation?

Thank you,

Wim

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

The RDNAPTRANS 2008 grid is accessible as a height surface by selecting the vertical datum "Normaal Amsterdams Peil (NAP)" under the "International 1924" spheroid. This seems strange, however. Seems like it should be under "Bessel". Checking with the coordinate referencing people now.

The updated RDNAPTRANS 2018 grid has not yet been added.

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi Wim,

We have the Amersfoort (NTV2) Horizontal datum (2008) and the Normaal Amsterdams Peil (NAP) vertical datum (2008) implemented using the grid definitions and our own transformations, not with the transformation outlined in the attached document. We are looking why it is listed under the "International 1924" spheroid.

The RDNAPTRANS 2018 grid and transformation, as mentioned earlier, is not supported yet. I will add this to the ideation board.

Best regards, Sam