IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Tridicon SGM is not producing LAS files

Hello,

I'm using Erdas Imagine 2018 and purchased Auto DTM as I want to make detailed DSMs from Pléiades triplicate stereo images. So far, with Tridicon SGM I have been able to create Epipolar images that go to the specified output folder (TIFF and GORI files are created), but there are no .LAS files produced. Am I missing a step? (have gone through all usual steps such as the Interior orientation and acquiring matching tie points, and to get the epipolar images I had to rescale my 16-bit jpeg2000 images to 8-bit TIFF images).

Thanks.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Tridicon SGM is not producing LAS files

Also - I'd like to ask, if I install the new release of Erdas Imagine 2020, can I expect AutoDTM to work smoothly with it?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello - any help from Hexagon here? Thanks...

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hello,

Does the process fail immediately? Do you have any error messages in the session log?

I have just generated LAS data from Pleiades Tristereo images using Tridicon SGM without any issues. The problem may be data specific. So, please submit a support ticket through our Support Portal and provide your data and we will help you.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the answer. The process creates the necessary raster files (TIF, GORI) and there is enough disk space,  so it doesn't quit immediately, and there isn't an error message. It just doesn't produce the LAS file.

The other issue is that I can't log in to the Support Portal (it doesn't recognize my password) - probably because I bought Erdas Imagine and AutoDTM through our local vendor (?). I wonder if there is something wrong with the installation of AutoDTM, and I am considering reinstalling it again, but with Erdas Imagine 2020. Should AutoDTM work smoothly with the new version of Erdas?

Thanks for your answers.

I'm attaching a list of the files SGM is producing. If I can get access to the Support Portal, then I will continue there.