IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Virtual Stack

Is there a way to create a virtual stack of raster datasets within Spatial Modeler?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Virtual Stack

[ Edited ]

Yes, for example inside one Expression, I just wrote StackLayers ($NewMinusOldDiff, $Newer,$Older). It can be used in connection with other operations, without the need to save the image to a file. For example SQRT(StackLayers ($NewMinusOldDiff, $Newer,$Older)) . 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ah, right, but what I actually meant (but didn't properly explain) is that I'd like to create a .VSK (virtual raster stack) file that can be displayed in the viewer.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see. When you make one by selecting images for a View, there seems nothing in the log that could be used for a CommandLine operator... But when you open a vsk file, isn't it just a list of filenames, which could be possible to create with a command like dir /b *.img>>My.vsk

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yeah, just come to that conclusion myself. File is like:

VSK
C:/Users/Johnnie/Downloads/20160814_33TUH_0/20160814T152517_10m_bands.img
C:/Users/Johnnie/Downloads/20160814_33TUH_0/20160814T152517_20m_bands.img

so should be able to do fairly simply. I'll have a go later today and let you know. Thanks for the input.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

And yes, that works. I created a Dynamic List Table with input from a fixed string (VSK) and the output file names and outputted that to a table with a .vsk extension. Perfect!