IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

VirtualGIS Movement Sensitivity

Hi. It seems the graphics on my machine are now too good! If I open a VGIS project that previously I was able to navigate around fairly serenely, now the motion is very, very fast and hard to control. I've knocked the speed right down and that helps with navigation in Dashboard mode but in Target and Position even a small movement of the mouse causes a big change on screen. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity? Cheers, Johnnie

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: VirtualGIS Movement Sensitivity

Have you ramped the DEM detail and Raster detail values up to 100%? That usually slows things down again.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Oh, yeah, full up to 100%. It's a smallish area and the dem is small but even so. It's been a while since I looked at this dataset and the difference is phenomenal. However, it does mean it's pretty much unusable because it's just too sensitive. I'll have to maybe increase the size of the DEM and see what happens. J

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

When in Target mode the movement rate should be proprtional to how far your mouse cursor is from the target. So if you have the pointer very close to the target cross and left-hold-drag it's still too fast to control? That doesn't seem right.

What graphics card is this? What screen resolution and scaling are you using?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial