IMAGINE Discussions

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Zonal Change: Error message Region locked

Hi all,

I have created a spatial model in ERDAS Imagine, which should be used to identify changes in the building stock based on aerial photographs, digital surface models and a terrain model. The result is an SHP file with 194 polygons that show the corresponding changes. In the next step I want to mark the changes for each zone in change likelihood rank and create a report.

For the following workflow, I use the Zonal Change Layout.

Process tab:
1. Create a new project
2. Load aerial photos before and after
3. Load the SHP file and define all polygons as zones
4. Add new regions > one per attribute query > polygons 1-99 form region 1 (primarykey less than 100), polygons 100-194 form region 2 (primarykey greater than or equal to 100)
5. Run region 1 and 2 (this is just pro forma because the polygons already map the changes)
6. Load results
7. Save project

Review tab:
1. Select current region
2. Load results (region 1 and region 2)
3. Edit region 1

Unfortunately then an error message occurs: "The region 1 is already locked by someone for editing." Same with region 2. The buttons in the Changes group therefore remain inactive.

How do I get the buttons activated to mark changes in change likelihood rank?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Jan

Technical Evangelist

Re: Zonal Change: Error message Region locked

Hi Jan,

1. Which IMAGINE version_build are you running?
  2. Please check to be sure the Region SHP isn’t already displayed in a Viewer or opened in another IMAGINE application.
  3. Can this problem be repeated using the IMAGINE Example data for Zonal Change or repeated in other Zonal Change (.zcp) projects?

Regards

Jeff

Technical Evangelist

Hi Jan,

This error opens when trying to edit the same Zonal Change project & same region, in another open IMAGINE session. You can edit the same project & different region in another IMAGINE session.

"The region 1 cannot be edited since it was put into the editing

mode by <userid> at 2020-11-11.10:47:14"

New Contributor

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your reply. There has been no other ERDAS Imagine session opened at the same time.

Meanwhile, extensive tests have shown that the working process only didn't work on the local drives, while it works on the network drives.

So the reason for the malfunction could possibly be the user rights.

Many thanks for your help!

Regards

Jan

Technical Evangelist

Hi Jan,

Great fact-finding results! Looks like you identified the general source of the problem. Hopefully the issue can be resolved internally. If you need to advance this inquiry further, I suggest you work through your regional Support.

Kind regards,

Jeff