After installing ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 we experience problems opening IMAGINE Objective feature projects created in earlier versions of the software and we cannot save new feature projects created with the current version. It also crashes when attempting to run an Objective process. IMAGINE Objective stops working and the ERDAS IMAGINE session log reports the message “Attempting to load JVM from (null)”. How can we fix this problem?
You will have to modify your ERDAS IMAGINE installation to include the correct Java Runtime Environment so you will be able to save the IMAGINE Objective feature projects and open feature projects from previous versions. You may already have Java installed, but IMAGINE Objective is not finding it. Installing the Java Runtime Environment from the ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 installer will fix this problem.
1. Launch the Hexagon Geospatial Setup Manager for Power Portfolio 2016 – Producer Suite.
If necessary, the installation files can be downloaded from this link. After the installation files are unzipped, double-click on the file “Setup.vbs”.
2. Under the Software section select ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 > ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 (64-bit). Then under the Installed Software section click on “Modify, repair, or remove” to open the ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 InstallShield Wizard.
3. Click Next, choose the Modify option, and click Next again.
4. Ensure that the Java Runtime Environment option is enabled so that it gets installed and click Next, then click Install.
5. After the installation completes, restart your system and then launch ERDAS IMAGINE.