Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stereo Analyst Image Pairs List is empty

by Technical Evangelist on ‎10-11-2019 02:19 PM (65 Views)

Question

I have imported my photogrammetric project into SAfA but no images are displayed in the Stereo Window. And the Image Pairs list is greayed out. How can I resolve this?

Answer

Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS computes image pairs based on the Image Pair Threshold Percent option on the ArcMap Display Tab. For example, if the threshold is set to 50 percent, the two images must share at least half of the same geographic area to be considered an image pair. The overlap percentage between two photographs in a strip is commonly 60 percent. This type of image pair is ideal for stereo viewing and feature collection.

The default minimum overlap percentage in SAfA Options is set to 50 percent. If the overlap percentage (endlap) between strips are less than 50 percent, the image pairs will not form, and the Image Pair list will be grayed out. If you are working with images that have less than 50 percent overlap, you can change the minimum threshold value to ensure that you get image pairs you can use in Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS. To do so, go to Stereo Analyst Menu->Options->ArcMap Display Tab. And reduce the Minimum Image Pair Threshold Percent, for example reduce it to 30 percent.

IP.JPG

SAfA_Options.JPG

Contributors