Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic Terrain Extraction with Dense Point Matching (eATE)

by Technical Evangelist on ‎09-09-2015 12:08 PM - edited on ‎02-26-2020 06:34 AM by Community Manager (5,306 Views)

Demonstrates how to automatically extract terrain data using Dense Point Matching (eATE) in IMAGINE Photogrammetry.

To view the script, click on the link below:

Comments
by
on ‎11-14-2017 12:25 AM

Great video, helped me a lot as I'm new to photogrammetry, however I'm having some problems with my research project.

None of my images are aligning, even the ones wtih 4 GCPS. ANd no output las file is being generated

TIe points

Image quality seems poor, but these are my tie points, and I managed to go through all of them, and they are all accurately placed.

trisummary

output.JPG

This is the output, and as you can see it is really bad. I have tried for just vegetation images and still can't get images to align despite working hard to get good tie point collection. Is there something I have missed.

by
on ‎05-30-2018 12:19 AM

I think it is due to the quality and number of tie points extracted. As IMAGINE PHOTOGRAMMETRY does not use detectors like SIFT, SURF, not enough tie points are found. Having a great number of corresponding will increase the robustness of the registration of both image by getting the chance to remove outliers.

by
on ‎07-03-2019 10:04 AM

Hello
Does anyone know if eATE is available in Imaginie Photogrammetry or do I strictly need the Imagine Auto DTM Module to use eATE?

Regards 

Courses
Contributors