ImageStation Discussions

Discuss topics about ImageStation, which powers high volume photogrammetry and production mapping workflows.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Control Panel job Queued endlessly

Hi All,

I'm trying to run a job through the ISAT Control Panel but the job just continues to be 'Queued' and doesn't actually run. I've got admin rights on the machine and have used that login in the ZI Job Service but it still isn't running the job.

When the job is initially submitted the Job shows up in the Job Controller window (as attached) but after about 15 seconds it disappears.

Here is some back story of what I'm trying to achieve if this helps:

We have been provided with old aerial imagery on film rolls and have been asked to convert to digital representations and as an end result orthos.

I have scanned the individual frames, imported into Image Station, created strips, viewed fiducials, added in tie points and control points.

I now want to run the Control Panel to tie it all together and match all the individual frames up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

Staff

Re: Control Panel job Queued endlessly

There should be a .log file in the sub-block folder that might offer clues. My first inclination is that something is wrong with the ZIJobService login assignment, such as a changed password or lack of permissions to access remote images.   

You can take ZIJobService out of the loop by running the ISAT matching executable manually like so:

start   aatnt.exe   project_folder   block_ID   project_folder\block_folder\block_ID.ste

If this runs then something is definitely amiss with the ZIJobService definition.

HTH,

Eric

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that information. The images are on a hard drive. Would it work better if the images were all on the C drive of the computer itself?

I'll try running the AATNT.exe on it's own and see if it is actually running. I have a feeling that something is stopping the AATNT.exe from running at all.

Cheers,

Paul

Staff

If by "hard drive" you mean an external device of some sort then the answer is yes, these can cause problems as devices such as these often lack good parity checking and can cause ISAT to choke while sampling all the images for overviews. And even if it gets past the overview checking stage the matching will often fail in mid-stream because of these possible issues. If you mean that the images are on an internal hard drive of some other computer that shouldn't be a problem unless there is some sort of permission issue, or a really flaky network.

HTH,

Eric

Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

I copied all the imagery to the computer itself and re ran the project but no change and the project still failed. I tried running the AATNT.exe through the command line but unfortunately still no success.

The BLOCKS.ini file had the following:

[AATBlocks\Alice]
State=Failed
LastModified=Tue Oct 06 09:33:05 2020

PID=0

Any other thoughts or things to try?

Cheers,
Paul
Staff

Hi Paul,

I should have asked this sooner, but does ISAT fail on all projects when run from this system, or just this one? If it is project specific I would need the ISAT project files along with three of the images, if you could ftp that to me.

If it is failing for all projects then that means there's a system configuration problem. A problem that we've seen pop up lately is caused by other 3rd party products delivering the NCSEcw.dll file that are older and out of sync with the version that we use. If you could search your entire system drive for any copies of that file that might give us a clue.

HTH,

Eric

Occasional Contributor

Hi,
I've tried re doing the project a few times and the same thing happens and it doesn't run.
I have searched my C drive and found 28 different NCSEcw.dll files.
I have uploaded a screenshot of all the DLL files present.
Cheers,
Paul

Staff

Yikes. Well, the one that ISAT needs is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ImageStation\PrivateAssemblies. You could try editing your system PATH environment variable and putting this to the top of the list to see if that fixes it. Mind you that you may need to undo this change to run those other products that make use of the same DLL. This issue will be resolved going forward with the 16.7 release as the file name has been changed to prevent collisions such as this.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah there are a few haha. I added the specific path to the system path environment variable but still no luck. Should I change all the names for those DLL files except for that single Imagestation one and see if that works? 

Staff

I guess you could try that, although if you put the ImageStation path at the top of the list it should have found that one first.

Another alternative might be to remove all applications, including ImageStation, GeoMedia, and all the third party ones that delivered NCSECW.dll, then install just ISAT and see if it works. If it does, then add one product at a time and see what breaks it. If that still doesn't work then we go from there, although I'd be at a loss to know what else would prevent it from running.