Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ImageStation

Discuss topics about Imagestation, which powers high volume photogrammetry and production mapping workflows.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

3D mouse not working in roam mode

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My 3D immersion mouse is not working in ISPM roam mode window. The cursor disappears when the roam/measurement mode is turned on.
Any ideas how to solve this problem?
The mouse is working fine with other softwares like ISSD.

Staff

Re: 3D mouse not working in roam mode

This happens with older graphic cards/drivers if they are not configured properly. On your ImageStation product delivery media there is a subfolder called VideoDrivers\NVIDIA where you will find a configuration guide for these cards. I've attached a copy to this post. I believe if you follow the steps in Section 6, but substitute the ISPM.exe executable for ISAT, then your cursor will appear while in roam mode.

HTH,

Eric

Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for your quick answer!
I followed the instructions and it works now!

Br, Mixu

New Contributor

I have a Quadro k4000 and my curser keeps dissapearing in roam mode within ISAT windows. I followed the instructions on the document you attached and have all of the settings the same, but with no luck. I've tried multiple driver version as well. Any clue as to what might be wrong?

Thanks, 

Seth

Staff

This symptom indicates that the overlay planes are not working properly. This can happen if you create a separate entry under the Manage 3D Settings >> Program Settings tab for ISAT. The instructions in the document tell users to only do that if the driver they are using is OLDER than version 340.66. Since you are using a K series card I have to assume you are using a newer driver and therefore this step should not be performed. If you have done this, please try removing the ISAT program from the Program Settings tab.

HTH,

Eric

New Contributor

I just tried that and it didn't work, but thank you for the quick reponse! To be clear the issue is that normally when in roam mode you still have a pointer of where the mouse is, but now when you click the button it turns into a auto scroll symbol. It is just like if you were tomiddle mouse on a webpage to scroll down. 

Staff

Is there a chance you have inertial roam mode checked on?: right click menu(see attached):

New Contributor

Your solution worked for the auto scroll symbol but still in roam mode there is no curser. The picture attached shows the roam mode on but the curser is gone within ther stereo pane.

Thanks,

Seth

Staff

I had another customer go back through the settings in the document and something had changed like the 120 htz was changed to 144 by another application. Please double check again with the attached and make sure to note the details for the operating system version you are using (different for WIn 7 vs Win 10):

Highlighted
New Contributor

we've run into that before with stereo where it won't work on 144hz but will on 120. Stereo isn't really the issue because in every pane the curser shaped like an "x" dissapears when in roam mode. We tried going back to a driver from 2016 an hour ago with the same issue. Do you think it could be the 3d mouse or the driver? 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.