Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ImageStation

Discuss topics about Imagestation, which powers high volume photogrammetry and production mapping workflows.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Automatic Elevations - Extended (ISAE-E) - Job Processing - Generate Raster

Dear Community,

I have a question about the Automatic Elevations - Extended (ISAE-E). I uses the Generate Raster option In the Job Processing tab. It result in a raster file with 4 bands. The first 3 bands are the RGB value's and the fouth band seems to be a DEM.

I like to use the DEM, but the pixel value's are really weird. The pointcloud generated in the same ISAEE process has minZ/MaxZ values of -3m / 24m. The fouth band of the generated raster has min/max values of 1 / 246.

What does value 1 and 246 means, and how can I correlate that to the original height values of -3m / 24m

Thank you,

Wim

Staff

Re: Automatic Elevations - Extended (ISAE-E) - Job Processing - Generate Raster

[ Edited ]

Resulting elevation band is output in "decimeters" or x10 of master units in the project. So why it didn't output negative elevations? If this is a problem let me know and we can start a support ticket.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Automatic Elevations - Extended (ISAE-E) - Job Processing - Generate Raster

The output file is unsigned 16 bit. Which means it can't store any negative values. The half of the Netherlands is below zero, so basically we can't use the output of the fourth band.

It would be preferable to store the output of the fourth band as a seperated image as float in the original master units.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.