Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ImageStation

Discuss topics about Imagestation, which powers high volume photogrammetry and production mapping workflows.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Softmouse 3D not working in Imagestation

We recently upgraded everything from our PC, software, and stereo hardware. It's been a grind and I've hit a wall with the new Softmouse 3D. I'm running Windows 7 with Imagestation 2018. The mouse is just USB no other power supply. It installs to COM 7, which I know is not preferrable. It should be COM 2 ideally yet I'm unable to simply re-assign it. There is no advanced option in the Device Manager and trying to change it in Regedit gives me no results. Maybe the port isn't the issue at all but there is really so little involved to install this thing I can't see what else could be the problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Staff

Re: Softmouse 3D not working in Imagestation

Hello,

If you are using ImageStation 2018 UPDATE 2 that was just posted recently, then the ImageStation apps should pick up the device via the USB port, no COM port settings necessary. I have my system configured this way right now and have verified that it is working.

If you are using the original 2018 release that went out last February or March, then you would need to install a driver that comes with the Softmouse 3D. If you don't have it you can download it from the Softmouse3D.com web site. The driver includes a RelinkPort utility that can be used to reassign the COM port that the device uses. If you can't get that to work, ImageStation defaults to Port 2 but it can be edited in the registry at this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ZI Imaging\Port Configuration. Change both the HHCTB_PORT and the PrimaryPort  match whichever port your device is assigned to.

HTH,

Eric

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.