Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ImageStation

Discuss topics about Imagestation, which powers high volume photogrammetry and production mapping workflows.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Z/I Mouse not working in ISSD - UPID not Found

Hi all,

We have a problem with the setup at a customer and I thought I would give it a go over here.

The IT-department has done a windows update (not upgrade) and their Z/I mouse has stopped working.

At that moment they were still working on ImageStation 6.2. Because we can't support such an old version, we have suggested to upgrade to ImageStation 2016 and reinstall the drivers of the Z/I Mouse, which is included in the installation package of ImageStation 2016. 

However, the customer still gets the following error: 

testZI.png

We've had previous experiences with stereo mice that the COM port was wrongly configured. I have no clue if this has effect on the Z/I Mouse aswell. 

I hope you can tell me how to fix this error...

Best regards,

Robbert van Bussel

Imagem Support Engineer

Staff

Re: Z/I Mouse not working in ISSD - UPID not Found

A quick suggestion and a question:

Has another USB port been tried and which operating system is now being run?

Occasional Contributor

Operating System is Windows 7.

And yes, they have tried several USB ports.

Robbert

Staff

Does the unit have power (red light glowing on the bottom)? Is there a second unit available on site that you can try?

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have asked the customer if they have another Z/I Mouse. Didn't receive any answer on this yet. 

The current Z/I mouse does not have an active red light. 

Regards,

Robbert

Staff

OK, so the unit is not getting any power. Sometimes the power line connector into the USB cable comes loose, you can try pushing on that. If that doesn't work you'll need to locate another power supply. HTH.

Occasional Contributor

Hi guys,

When their IT department moved the PC's to a network situation, they have removed the power supply from the mice... 

We just received a message from the customer that the mice are working once again, after they plugged them in.

Thanks for the help!

Robbert

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.