Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What happened to the Power Portfolio Covid 19 Home license service?

by Community Manager on ‎10-21-2020 09:50 AM - edited on ‎11-04-2020 05:39 AM by Technical Evangelist (277 Views)

Question

What happened to the Covid 19 Home license service? and why can I no longer obtain a license?

Answer

The Power Portfolio "Home Office" license has been discontinued as of the end of September 2020.

The intention of the license server was to give our valued customers 6 months to adjust to the new norm that the Covid 19 virus presents and configure their infrastructure accordingly.

A few options include:

• Upgrading Node Locked licenses to Concurrent so a machine in the office can be used through Remote Desktop - Please contact your Hexagon Geospatial Partner or Sales for more information on this.
  • Use Node Locked license on a local machine at home, using VPN to connect to the organization's network resources - Please confer with your local IT.

Comments
by
on ‎10-28-2020 11:50 AM

There is another option, I hope it doesn't get me in trouble with Hexagon.  It does require you to know in advance you'll be working remotely.  Leave your work desktop logged on, with GeoMedia running (I just load a blank GWS).  Then you can remote in and work as long as you don't close that GeoMedia instance.

Contributors