With the latest release of our Licensing Portal the look and feel has slightly changed, but the principles of the old Licensing Portal remain the same.
Besides a dynamic search, a better structure, there are many other improvements regarding the usability.
We are not going to stop here - instead we are planning to add several new, very helpful bulk operations to the Licensing Portal. Stay tuned!
The Licensing Portal is now fully integrated into our M.App Exchange platform so that you can manage licenses and users within the same system.
The well known URL, https://hexagongeospatial.force.com/licensingportal will again take you straight to the Licensing Portal.
After logging into the Licensing Portal (License Management) you will see two tabs, "View Claimed Licenses" and "Manage Licenses".
The following icons are also displayed.
“License Management Help Page” - Directs you to the eTraining > Licensing page of the Hexagon Geospatial
“Create Ticket” - Used to create a licensing support ticket.
or “Switch Selected Account” - If ‘child’ accounts report up to your organization, this icon is used to
switch to the licensing portal of ‘child’ accounts.
If "Online Licenses" are required:
4. If you want an Activation ID license (Online license) do not select the "Offline License" checkbox. Note: 16.0 licenses are similar to Offline licenses in that additional information, about the computer, is needed and a .lic files will be created.
5. Jump to step "9".
If "Offline Licenses" (.lic files) are required:
6. If no internet access is available "Offline" licenses will be required. Check the "Offline Licenses" checkbox.
7. You will be asked to select a "License Type": one of the following:
a. Amazon Cloud EIP or Amazon Cloud IID
b. Composite ID
c. Ethernet Address
d. IP Address - Private IP address
e. Vendor Defined Hardware ID - This is the ID from a Hexagon Geospatial licensing dongle.
8. Enter the ID or IP Address. If "Three Server Redundancy" is required, check the box and enter the IDs or Addresses for the 3 servers.
9. Continue to enter:
a. Contact - Select from the pull-down list. This person will be emailed the license/s when created. A new Contact can be created, if needed.
b. Department (optional)
c. Tab (optional) - This could be the server name if applicable.
10. Select the "Step 2: Select Products" button A "Select Products" dialog is displayed showing the products that can be licensed, the number of available licenses, and a "Selected Quantity", where the number of licenses to be created/claimed, can be entered. Quantities can be entered beside one or multiple products.
A tally of claim requests and products is displayed.
11. After entering the number of licenses to claim, select the "Step3: Confirm Selection" button and verify your selection and quantities.
12. If changes are required, select the Step 2 tab After changes are made again select the "Step 3: Confirm Selection" button.
13. When no changed are needed select the "Step 4: Create Licenses" button The License/s will be created and emailed to the "Contact".
Options used to manage licenses are now available from both the "View Claimed Licenses" and the "Manage Licenses" tabs. Options listed below are available in both tabs unless specified.
When Licenses are selected specific option buttons become active. Which buttons become active depend on the type of license selected and the options used, when the license was created.
Create Licenses: Selected when a license is to be created. Now single or multiple product licenses can be created.
Re-host: Approval may be needed to create a new Activation ID or .lic file.
Upgrade License: Upgrading to a new product version, Activation ID or .lic file (offline), does not require approval.
Return License: Approval may be needed for a license to be returned.
Download Licenses: When licenses are offline .lic files the files can be downloaded.
Email Licenses: Email License files and Activation Ids to the Contact.
Consolidate Licenses: (View Claimed Licenses only) Offlinelicenses with the same Host ID can be consolidated into one .lic file.
Create Tickets: (Manage Licenses only) Used to submit licensing support tickets.
Change Attributes: Used to enter or edit Contact, Department and Tag information.
This .lic file can then be entered into the Geospatial License Administration tool by selecting: