M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

BI Map - geometry keys - no matching field found

I am trying to create a BI map, so I select a dataset that I imported to Mapp Enterprise content (see attachement).

After a few seconds the dropdown fiel in Geometry Keys sais: No matching field found in data table.

Unless I can select a key, it is not possible to click 'OK'.

What does that message mean? How can I fix it?

My table does have a PK and a geometry column. There are no empty geoms and they can be visualised in a browser app, but I cannot use it for a BI map.

Thanks for help.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: BI Map - geometry keys - no matching field found

Hi 

From my experience, you should have a field (preferably numeric) with unique values in your dataset. If not, you get the error that no id field is found.

If you do have a pk field, you would want to check the attribute name (no space or weird character).

When you use a geometry set and attribute set, then it looks for the same key field in both datasets.

So if you don't have that, you get the no matching id field error.

Also, in case of attribute data, make sure you've checked the fields you want to see/use in your BI Map (especially the key field).

This is done in the content panel (attribute data, modify icon)

Regards

Elodie

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you for the hint.

I havean integer-column as PK.

I added another integer column with unique values. This new column is now recognised, not the PK-column.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm glad it helped.

Good luck with your app.

Elodie