M.App Enterprise Discussions

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Browser: Print functionality

Hi there!

Is there a way for generating Prints like in Desktop-App in MAE Browser Applications or in Geospatial Portal?

As far as I know there is nothing yet, but maybe there will be a tool in the next major release cause there will be some changes to the browser technology???

Or should I create a product idea?

Thanks and regards 

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Highlighted
Staff

Re: Browser: Print functionality

Have you tried CTRL P when in browser, as it opens a templated print? You can resize the page and the print dynamically updates. I do not know if the template can be edited on server side.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Richard,

thank you for your answer, but this is not what I am looking for.

It's more the print functinality with predefined printlayouts as it's available in Desktop-App:

print.PNG

Thanks

Stefan

Highlighted
Staff

hi Stefan,

since we do have this functionality in Desktop app, I don't see a big advantage having the same in the browser. What Richard mentioned is already a printing tool.

With the new release, having LuciadRIA as map engine you will have much more capabilities to enrich it, but still I would see this a custom implementation.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano,

I agree with you as far as M.App Enterprise is in use within an organization.

But when e.g. a city publishes a special topic for the public within a browser app, there is the requirement for a predefined print-functionality as other Web-Maps offer natively.

But when I understand you right there is and will be only a way to have this with a custom implementation.

Do you have an example how this could be done or are there any existing implementations on which I could have a look at?

Thanks

Stefan